2008년 4월 25일 금요일

Question 8

Hello, everyone

Did you have any interesting episode when you traveled to other countries?

In my case, when I went to Australia in 2003, I was embarrased by a guest house clerk.
I was backpacking at that time. One day I had to make a reservation for my accommodation on the phone. I couldn't understand Australian English fully. I asked the same quesiton three times. Then the clerk of the guest house reacted angrily, "Are you Japanese?" Purplexed, I just said, "Yes." What a shame on me! As I was not good at English communication, I was thought to be Japanese by the clerk. I cannot forget that shamful thing!

댓글 4개:

derekhospital :

I travelled China with some teachers in my school three years
ago. At that time, I had no international telephone card. So, I asked all the staffs at the hotel(not small) how to make a collect call in English. Unfortunately, ther was no one who could speak English. After all, I had to give up.

James :

Hi Gracie,

I would appreicate you. We did it well because of your dedication and management. I am sure that you will be a great director.

Anyway I had few time to travel overseas. So I don't have any special episode. Sorry.

Mars :

Hi! Gracie!!!
Yesterday I really enjoyed your performance. How wonderful actors and actresses you were! I couldn't take my eyes off the stage.
This winter vacation I went to India. There I fought Indian people twice. On my fourth day there, one Indian man approached and suggested me to be my tour guide. Even though I told him I didn't need any help from him, he insisted to be my tour guide for about 30 minutes. I was so embarrassed that I coundn't help fighting with him. Second one was about the rickshaw fare. However, I'd like to there once again. I couldn't forget the Gangga and Varanasi.

Nicole :

Hi Gracie,
I say 'shame on that clerk' for having no manners. We all have different skill levels at different tasks. Just imagine that the clerk could never get a job as a teacher because their educational level was not ight enough and their emotional level wasn't either.